Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Zenit 3M type 3a (export type) (1963) image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
It is a part of the long-running Zenit series. The UK export version of this camera doesn't have the 3M marking on it only marked Zenit on the front.
The main differences from Zenit-3: the back cover is removable and the new mechanism of cocking lever with shutter release button.
There are 10 types and 6 sub-types of the Zenit-3M. 
- Lens release: simply screw counter clockwise
- Lens: Industar-50 (ИНДУСТАР) 50mm f/3.5 filter thread: 49mm (standard lens)
- Other standard lens is Helios-44 (ГЕЛИОС) 58mm f/2
- Mount: KMZ's ZM39 screw mount. It looks like M39 Leica mount but due to the mirror space, the rangefinder M39 mount lenses do not work properly on this camera. You can use them only the close-up focus range
- Aperture: f/3.5-f/16 setting: ring and scale on the lens
- Focus range: 0.65-20m +inf
- Focusing: via ground-glass screen, ring and scale on the lens
- Shutter: rubberized silk double cloth curtain, horizontal focal plane
- Speeds: 1/30-1/500 +B, setting dial on the top plate 
- Shutter release: on the winding knob, w/ cable release socket
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, short stroke, on the righe of the top plate
- Frame counter: manual reset, additive type, beneath the winding knob
- Viewfinder: SLR pentaprism
- Mirror: not instant return
- Re-wind knob: on the left of the top-plate
- Re-wind release: by a small knob, beside the winding lever
- Flash PC socket: on front of the camera, X sync 1/30
- Memory dial : on the re-wind knob
- Self-timer: activates by a small knob above it
- Back cover: hinged, opens by a latch on the left side of the camera
Tripod socket: 3/8" Strap lugs Body: metal; Weight: 1366g serial no.on the back of the top plate, first two digits show the production year
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ According to Alexander Komarov
- ↑ Shutter speed can be selected before ofrafter the film is wound and the shutter is cocked contrary to early Leica inspired cameras of Soviet Union.
- in Fotoua by Alexander Komarov
- in Sovietcams by Aidas Pikiotas
- Zenit 3M review by Zorki Photo
- on www.collection-appareils.fr by Sylvain Halgand