Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Zarya Type 1a (1959) Image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
Zarya is a 35mm film Viewfinder camera, manufactured by F.E. Dzerzhinsky factory, (FED) Kharkov, Ukraine, in former USSR, produced between 1959-61, quantitiy 141.288. Zarya is also known as FED Zarya. Zarya (=Заря) means Dawn.
Zarya was a simplified economy version of FED-2b. It was restyled and simplified top housing without rangefinder, self timer and slow shutter speeds. Intended for the Soviet domestic market. It was normally supplied with an Industar-26m 52mm f2.8 lens, but accepts any Zorki/Fed/Leica M39 lenses.
This data belongs to the camera which photos in here.
- Model: 1959, type 1a (early rare type),
- Produced between 1959-60
- Lens: Industar-26m 50mm f/2.8, (ИНДУСТАР-26m), red engraving "П" means coated,
- Mount: M39 Screw mount, Leica type, filter thread: 35mm,
- Aperture: f/2.8-f/22, setting: ring and scale on the lens
- Focus range: 1-20m +inf
- Focusing: Manual focusing, guess the distance
- Shutter: horizontal traveling focal plane, cloth curtain, speeds: 1/30 - 1/500 +B
- setting: dial on the top plate, turns when winding, lift and turn for setting 
- Shutter release: on the top plate, with a collar for re-wind release, П = re-wind, С = wind
- Viewfinder: Reverse Galilean type unusual big viewfinder, 15x11mm, later Zaryas have 15x9mm
- Flash PC socket: on front of the top plate, X sync. 1/30
- Back cover: Removable with the bottom plate
- Film loading: special take-up spool, removable
- Others: Cold-shoe; Memory dial on the winding knob; Tripod socket 3/8inch; Strap lugs
- Body: Metal; Weight: 569g
| Zarya Type 1a (1959)
Images by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ According to Alaxander Komarov in Fotoua. You can also find serial numbers for dating of the cameras in this site. There is another former USSR cameras classification and info by Aidas Pikiotas in SovietCams
- ↑ There are usefull books about cameras of former USSR and have classifications also.
- ↑ Pages from the the book of former USSR cameras by Suglob, Shaternik, Kochergin
- ↑ Discussion about clasifications in the books of Princelle and Suglob, Shaternik, Kochergin in USSR Photo Forum
- ↑ The early Leica cameras, and the other Leica inspired cameras like Canon III, FEDs and Zorkis, and almost any camera which winding also causes the film speed selector turning, always cock the shutter before changing film speeds
- Princelle, Jean Loup - Made In USSR - The Authentic Guide To Russian And Soviet Cameras, Le Reve Edition, 2004 (ISBN 2952252106 (ISBN13: 9782952252102) Paperback
- 1200 Cameras from USSR by Suglob, Shaternik, Kochergin, 2009 , more info about book
- in Fotoua by Alaxander Komarov
- in SovietCams by Aidas Pikiotas
- Fed Zarya on www.collection-appareils.fr by Sylvain Halgand
|Rangefinder FED | FED-1 | FED NKVD | FED-S | FED-2 | FED-3 | FED-4 | FED-5 | FED-5s | FED-5v | FED-6 TTL | FED-10 | FED-11 Atlas | FED-35 | FED-35A | FED Mikron-2 | TSVVS|