The Voigtländer Vitomatic IIa is a compact heavyweight among the rangefinder cameras. The weight of the mightily impressing metalwork helps to hold it less shaky. Another advantage is the big bright frame viewfinder. But the best is that its coupled match-needle lightmeter scale is mirrored below the viewfinder frame. This feature together with the superimposed rangefinder makes it possible to make all adjustments for the next exposure without taking the camera from the eye. The film-type reminder on the rewind knob gives a decent color decoration to the elegant camera design.
- Type: rangefinder camera
- Manufacturer: Voigtländer
- Year of launch: 1960
- Film: 35mm with speeds 12 to 800 ASA
- Lens: Voigtländer Color-Skopar 1:2.8/50mm or 1:3.5/50mm or f2/50mm Ultron.
- Shutter: Prontor SLK, with speeds 1 sec. to 1/500 sec. plus B
- Meter: selenium photo cell and match-needle instrument, the pointer with the ring is coupled to speed and aperture controls, appropriate values are found when the meter's needle matches the ring
- Film advance: rapid lever, hidden in the camera back, rewind knob has to be released with a narrow little shifter in the side of the body below the knob