Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Camera industry in Dresden|
|Balda | Certo | Eho-Altissa | Ernemann | Feinmess | Hüttig | ICA | Ihagee | Kochmann | Kerman | KW | Eugen Loeber | Ludwig | Mentor | Mimosa | Pentacon | Richter | Werner | Wünsche | Zeiss Ikon | Zeh|
|Camera distributors in Dresden|
|Camera industry in Freital|
|Beier | Pouva | Thowe | Welta|
Thowe Kamera Werk A.G. was a German company based in Freital. It was founded in 1914. Co-founder was Woldemar Beier, who left the company to found Beier when Thowe should be recapitalized as stock market company amidst the Great Inflation of 1923. The company closed its doors in 1932.
Camera list Edit
- Thowe plate folder, 6.5×9cm or 9×12cm, in regular or tropical finish
- Thowe rollfilm folder, 6×9cm
- Thowe Lux strut-folder, 4.5×6cm
- Thowette, 3×4cm
| Thowette (3×4cm).|
Pictures by eBayer Yalluflex. (Image rights)
Japanese advertisement Edit
In the mid-1920s, the Thowe plate folder was distributed in Japan by Yamashita Yūjirō Shōten.
|Advertisement by Yamashita Yūjirō Shōten in Ars Camera November 1924, showing the Thowe plate folder (ソウヱカメラ) and the KW Patent Etui. (Image rights)|
- ↑ Full name, based in Freital: logo reproduced in McKeown, p.919.
- ↑ Blumtritt mentions Thowe only in an article about Beier.
- ↑ Post by Peter Parler in a thread about Thowe at photo.net.
- Ars Camera. Advertisement by Yamashita Yūjirō Shōten in November 1924. No page number.
- Blumtritt, Herbert: Geschichte der Dresdner Fotoindustrie, Stuttgart 2000, 2001.
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover).
- Post about a Thowe camera in photo.net