In this area we could have an abstract paragraph about the company, its history, its main competitor(s), its philosophy, etc.
--Lbstone 07:38, 29 Oct 2004 (EDT)
It seems to me that for example lenses could be here, but then it would also seem that this page will get too large summing up all cameras, lenses and other products, so why don't we split off the products in their own categorized pages?
--188.8.131.52 05:49, 13 May 2005 (EDT)
Because there are so many digital point and shoot models, I added spacing to the groupings already in place. In addition I added a number of newly released or announced point and shoots. --phule 14:45, 25 Aug 2005 (EDT)
I'd suggest making separate pages for the Digital Ixus and Powershot models. They take up way too much room for my liking.--Artysmokes
There is no Canon Powershot A230, so I removed it from this list. However, a page had already been created for it and should be deleted. --phule 15:27, 1 November 2005 (EST)
- Done! --Lbstone 23:46, 1 November 2005 (EST)
Wot no footnotes?Edit
I was going to add "キヤノン is a rare surviving example of idiosyncratic kana use. Normal kana use and normal romanization would imply the pronunciation kianon, but actually it is pronounced kyanon (キャノン)." between <ref> and </ref>; but the <ref> and <references /> tags don't work in what I infer is an older version of Mediawiki. Pity. -- Hoary 02:20, 6 May 2006 (EDT)
- Nice to see that Japanese-speaking people are joining us.
- The <ref> tag is an extension of Mediawiki (see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cite/Cite.php), that is apparently not activated in Camerapedia. It would be good to have it. You can send a message to the Camerawiki Google Group (a mailing list where various issues relating to the site are discussed), or directly ask Brandon (User:Lbstone) to activate this function.
- In the meantime, you could add the sentence in parentheses.
- --Rebollo fr 10:49, 6 May 2006 (EDT)
- Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'll just leave it here for now. If/when this article becomes a lot more comprehensive, it can be slotted in somewhere. -- Hoary 02:45, 7 May 2006 (EDT)