Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 is the initial Sony-branded DSLR release after cooperation between Konica Minolta and Sony which began in autumn 2005. In winter 2005/2006 Konica Minolta decided to hand over all its assets related to DSLR technology to Sony.
The Alpha A-100 is Sony's first product in the modern SLR segment. It is the successor of the Konica Minolta Dynax 5D which had a similar antishake system introduced to DSLRs in Konica Minolta's 7D (initially introduced in Minolta's DiMage A1 "bridge" digital camera). The digital capture sensor is placed on the antishake-mechanism. The camera doesn't need special antishake lenses because shake-compensating movements are done by the sensor. All lenses for Minolta's 35mm autofocus SLRs can be used on the Sony camera body - the lens mount is Minolta's 1985 A-mount/Alpha-mount bayonet. A dust removing system helps to keep the sensor clean.
|Two Sony alpha DSLRs in the Sony Center (Berlin)|
- Type: digital single lens reflex camera body
- Manufacturer: Sony AMC Alpha Mount Camera division in Japan
- Factory: Konica Minolta production facility in Malaysia
- Year of launch: 2006
- Lens mount: Sony Alpha mount (was Minolta then Konica Minolta Alpha- or A-bayonet)
- Sensor: Sony Interlace scan CCD in APS-C format (23.6×15.8mm), 10.8 megapixels
- Metering: TTL (multi, spot, or center)
- Focusing: autofocus with four different modes
- Shutter: focal plane, controlled electronically, with speeds from 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
- Viewfinder: pentaprism finder, showing 95% of image, with diopter correction
- Display: 2.5 inch TFT, 230,000 color pixels
- Storage: CF CompactFlash card, Sony Memory Stick Pro via supplied adapter to CF
- Flash: built-in
- Weight: 545 g without rechargeable lithium-ions battery NP-FM55H
- Dimensions: 133×95×72mm