Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Smena-M type 1 (1961) image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
Смена-М = Smena-M, Smena means Young Generation or Relay. Very mysterious and charismatic camera. Camera has new construcion of shutter type and new shutter speeds. Both T-22M lens and shutter faceplate are black.
The list of all Smena models is in the article Smena Series by GOMZ & MMZ & LOMO.
- Lens: MMZ T-22M (Triplet) 40mm f/4.5 filter slip-on
- Aperture: f/4.5-f/16 setting: ring and scale on the front of the lens
- Focus range: 1.3-10m +inf
- Focusing: manual front element focusing
- Shutter: leaf shutter speeds: 1/8-1/250 +B
- Shutter release: a knob on the shutter, w/cable release socket
- Cocking lever: on the shutter
- Frame counter: manual, window on the top-plate, not works wo/ the film in the camera
- Winding knob: on the top plate
- Viewfinder: reverse telescopic finder
- Re-windknob: none; two film casettes should be use always
- Memory dial: on the winding knob
- Self-timer: none
- Back cover: removable, opens by a latch on the right side
- Embossing on the back cover: MMZ logo
- Tripod socket: 3/8"
- Strap lugs: none
- Body: bakelite; Weight:
- Serial no. on the left side, the first two digits show the production year
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Model info and typing are as to AlexanderKomarov.
- ↑ There are usefull books about cameras of former USSR and have classifications also.
- ↑ Pages from the the book of former USSR cameras by Suglob, Shaternik, Kochergin
- ↑ Discussion about clasifications in the books of Princelle and Suglob, Shaternik, Kochergin in USSR Photo Forum