Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Shkolnik type 2b c.1965 image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
The Shkolnik (=Школник means Student) is a medium format film viewfinder like box camera made by MMZ (Minsk Mechanical Factory), Minsk, former USSR, and produced betweeen 1962-69 with quantity about 500.000 units.
Shkolnik was not made by BeLomo because its end of producing was 1969, before the MMZ's name changed as BeLOMO. It is rare in the flea market.
There are 3 types and 2 sub-types of the camera 
Data belongs to the Shkolnik type 2b
- Film 120 roll, picture size 6x6cm
- Engraving on the top plate: MMZ logo
- Lens: two elements, 75mm f/8, glass, filter slip-on
- Aperture: a rotary round holes system, f/8, f/11, f/16; setting: lever and scale on the lens-shutter barrel,
- Focusing: fixed focus, 3.5m to inf
- Shutter: one speed leaf shutter 1/30, M (instant) and B; setting ring on the lens-shutter barrel
- Shutter release: on the lens-shutter barrel
- Cable release socket: on the lens-shutter barrel
- Cocking lever: on the lens-shutter barrel
- Viewfinder: reverse telescopic finder, plastic
- Winding knob: on top of the camera:
- Flash PC socket: none
- Back cover: removable with both sides and bottom plate, opens by a lever on the bottom plate, w/red window
- Engraving in the camera: СДЕЛАНО В СССР ( SDELANO V SSSR = Made in USSR)
- Tripod socket: 3/8"
- Strap lugs
- Body: plastic; Weight: 240g
- Serial no. none