Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Automat (MX) model K4A image by Valt3r Rav3ra (Image rights)|
The main difference is added flash X sync. than Automat Model 3.
All Rolleiflex Automat series was produced between 1937-1956. Automat name stands to introduced automatic film counter in 1937; this counter senses the thickness of the film backing to accurately begin counting frames, obviating the need for the ruby window that forced the photographer to read the frame number off the back of the film itself. Rolleiflex TLR film cameras were most famous and the standard of news and studio photographers for decads. Many photographers still shoot with Rolleiflex TLR film cameras and black-and-white film.
- Serials: 1.100.000 - 1.168.000
- Film: 120 roll film, picture size 6x6cm & 35mm with Rolleikin I adapter set
- Taking lenses: All with filter Bayonet I
- Finder lens: Heidoscop Anastigmat 75mm f/2.8 filter Bayonet I
- Waist level finder with sports finder
- Shutter: Compur-Rapid 1-1/500 +T & B
- Standard X sync
- Self timer
- Winding: lever with auto stop, no red window, film pressure plate with black color coating
- Lever also cocks the shutter
- Double exposure prevention
- Backcover: hinged with exposure guide table, removable that can be exchanged for a dual film format back
- Weight: 965g
- The camera could be used with Rolleikin I to use 35mm film & with the special glass plate film adapter. Also useable after modifications: Rolleimarin I under water housing, Rolleimeter, Rolleiflash, Rolleikin 2 with dual format back.
- The following parts of this model can be modernized: larger focusing knob & release safety lock.
NOTE: my Automat s/n 1,207,277 has X-synch only, not MX. Lens is Zeiss-Opton Tessar #722307. Shutter is Synchro-Compur.
|Automat (MX-EVS) model K4B image by Maria Cordell (Image rights)|
Later Automat models with flash sync. and LVS systemEdit
Automat (MX) Model K4AEdit
- Produced between 1951-54
- Serials: 1.200.001 - 1.474.999
- Main differences than Automat (X sync.) Model K4/50:
- Added M and X flash sync.
- Shutter: Synchro-Compur
- From serial 1.268.000 the camera accepts hand grip and quick mount plate
Automat (MX-EVS) Model K4BEdit
- Produced between 1954-56
- Serials: 1.428.001-1.739.999
- Main differences than Automat (MX) Model K4A:
- Shutter: [Synchro-Compur]] LVS (Light Value System)
- From serial 1.464.000 the EV coupling can be disengaged by pressing a button in the aperture wheel
- From serial 1.700.000 with a switch in the aperture wheel.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Model numbers and info are as to Int.Rollei Club
- ↑ The model letters X, MX and MX-EVS are as to McKeown's p.851