Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Rolleiflex 6008/2 integral|
The Rolleiflex 6008 integral is an SLR for the medium format, that means for rollfilm (type 120 or 220, loaded in detachable cassettes, available with 6x6cm or 4.5x6cm frame). The 6008 is part of the successfully 6000 series which started in 1984 and was itself an evolution of the design of the SLX from 1976. The 6000-series introduced major electronic features such as multiple light metering modes (built into the body and thus available with all viewfinders), TTL auto flash metering, programmed exposure control, auto bracketing, the build-in roller dark slide, and - with the advent of the 6008AF - autofocus. The Rolleiflex 6000 series were, technologically speaking, the most advanced medium-format camera system and superior to contemporary camera models from major competitors Hasselblad and Mamiya. Digital backs like the Sinar eMotion are attachable instead of the film cassettes. DHW Fototechnik, the successor of Franke & Heidecke, offers various accessories and a series of lenses made by Schneider-Kreuznach and Zeiss, among them classics like Flektogon and Planar. The lenses contain fast linear motor driven leaf shutter (max. speeds 1/500 or 1/1000 sec.) and linear motor driven aperture to achieve quiet camera operation without shake caused by the system. Beside manual exposure setting the camera offers automatic aperture mode, automatic shutter speed mode, and program mode, as well as TTL flash control.
The Rolleiflex 6008 is still manufactured by DHW Fototechnik in two versions:
- Rolleiflex 6008AF (with Autofocus) and
- Rolleiflex 6008 Integral II (with manual focusing)
In English and German:
- DHW Fototechnik Manufacturer of Rolleiflex 6000 cameras and repair
- Article on the Rolleiflex 6008 by Philip Greenspun
- International Rollei Club Website with a database of all Rollei cameras]
- Club Rollei User Club for all Users, Collectors and Enthusiasts of Rollei photography
- Website of the Rollei Reports books by Claus Prochnow
- Comparative Chart of Rolleiflex System 6000 Cameras