Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Japan-manufactured R1E is very similar to the award winning R1, but for various economisations:
- All plastic construction, replacing aluminium shell and leatherette trim
- 24mm wide panoramic mode not provided
- Single point AF indicator
- Slower maximum shutter speed
Otherwise, all the physical features, modes and functionality of the R1 remain. Indeed, the R1E boasts some advantages over the R1:
- The original retail price is cheaper. Being less sought after than the 'cult' R1, the second hand value is consistently less.
- The R1E is faster to start up, especially when if R1 is in WIDE P mode.
R1E is a sophisticated and capable camera that competes well with other contemporaneous high-end point and shoot cameras. The camera's small size, slim form factor and light weight make it one of the most pocketable full frame point and shoot cameras of all time.
Ricoh R1E Major SpecificationsEdit
4 elements in 4 groups
|Focus||Subject Passive AF (3 Point)|
0.35m - infinity
Brightlines for full frame and panoramic
|Image Size||Full frame and mask crop panoramic|
|Shutter||Electronic shutter 2s - 1/400s|
|Film||35mm (135 cartridge)|
ISO 50 - 3200
DX (default ISO 100)
|Winding||Pre-wind, auto rewind, mid-roll rewind|
Auto flash, red eye preflash, on, off, slow synchro
|Modes||Super Night mode, Single AF mode, Infinity mode, timer/ remote control mode|
|Power||Single 3V lithium battery CR-2|
|Size||Width 117mm Height 25mm Depth 61mm|
|Mass||140g without battery|