Origianlly produced between 1971 and 1972 the Square Shooter was a Ridged Plastic Bodied, Packfilm Type 80 instant camera. Although similar to the Colorpack II the Square Shooter was considered more advanced and that was reflected in the retail price of $34.95 as opposed to the Colorpack II retail price of $29.95.
The Square Shooter featured:
- A built in socket for Hi-Power flashcubes, a "Focused Flash" system.
- Triangulation distance finder.
- Exsposure system designed only for 75 ASA films.
- Typically they also featured the adjustable front cell focusing lens with distance scaling marked on the lens ring.
- "Everset" shutter that did not need recocking.
It lacked the built-in development timer of the Colorpack II and was slightly smaller.