Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Alongside the 'prosumer' range of folding SLRs, Polaroid released a large number of plastic bodied, non-folding consumer cameras that used the SX-70 integral film. There were several lines that varied in the type and amount of features they offered, but fall into three distinct categories differentiated by the method of focusing:
- Fixed focus - Generally known (in the US) as OneStep models
- Zone-focused - Generally known (in the US) as Pronto! models; e.g. Pronto RF
- Sonar Autofocus - Labelled as both Pronto! and OneStep models, but usually with an AF or Sonar moniker.
All these models use the SX-70 integral film, meaning the camera is powered by a battery built into the film pack. Many of these models were able to use certain accessories designed for the folding SLR line of SX-70 cameras, such as flashbars, electronic flashes and tripod mounts.
The Land Camera 1000 is a foreign-markets version of the original Onestep model, meaning it has a fixed focus plastic lens. The model 1000 or original OneStep models are distinguished among the range in that they were made available with 2 different coloured shutter buttons - either green or red; there is some debate among collectors as to which was more common. A matching electronic flash was also released for the Onestep/1000 model, known as the Q-Light. It fits onto any SX-70 non-folding camera model, but was cosmetically matched to the original models. Features common to the series of OneStep non-folding, fixed-focus SX70-series integral film cameras are:
- 1 element plastic lens with fixed aperture (103mm, f14.6)
- 4ft minimum focus distance.
- Exposure compensation dial around electric eye.
Some of the various models following this basic design are:
- Model 2000 - Black with round green shutter button, round lens surround, zone focusing
- Model 3000 - Black with round green shutter button, round lens surround, rangefinder mechanism
- The Button - Two-tone gray body with round white shutter button, fixed focus, round lens surround
- Presto - Two-tone black and gold body with round red shutter button, fixed focus, round lens surround, rainbow decal
- Pronto! - Black with round red shutter button, round lens surround, zone focusing
- Pronto! B - White with round red shutter button, round lens surround, zone focusing
- Pronto RF - Black with round red shutter button, round lens surround, rangefinder mechanism
- Pronto SE - Black with round blue shutter button, round lens surround, zone focusing
- SuperColor OneStep - White with round red shutter button, square lens surround, rainbow decal
- Supercolor 1000 Deluxe - Black with round red shutter button, square lens surround, rainbow decal
- Time-Zero OneStep - Black with square red shutter button, square lens surround, rainbow decal
- Polaroid Land Camera 1000 on Wikipedia
- We Use Film Polaroid 1000 instructions manual and specifications
- The Land List's article on the Model 1000
- on www.collection-appareils.fr
- Polaroid OneStep SX-70 Camera and information at Antique_Camera_Guy's Flickr Photostream