Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Petri 7s II f/2.8 version|
Picture by David Broglin. (Image rights)
The Petri 7s II is a japanese fixed-lense rangefinder introduced in 1976. It is an upgraded model of the Petri 7 from 1961 and Petri 7s from 1963. Direct competitors of the time were: Beauty Lite III, Konica Auto S, Minolta Hi-Matic 7s, Canonet QL17 GIII (QL28)
Model Differences Edit
The main difference between the 7s and the 7s II is the hot shoe contact for an external flash. Technically nothing else changed. There where f/2.8 and f/1.8 lensed versions, both 45mm Amber Coated (Amber C.) as specified in the manual, but the latest f2.8 version has the same coating as in the Petri Color 35, as it can be read only C. on the barrel, and also the "Green-O-Matic" (Green tint on the rangefinder) was eliminated from late production.
According to the Petri 7S II Manual, it's suitable for use with either electronic or bulb flash units. The Petri 7sII is equipped with both a "hot shoe" contact for cordless unit and the synchro flash terminal for corded units.
- M Class - 1/30 or slower
- F Class - 1/60 or slower
- Electronic - All Shutter Speeds
- Type: Rangefinder camera
- Manufacturer: Petri Camera Company. INC.
- Film: 35mm Film ASA 10 - 400 (Range with ASA 100 EV7 - EV17)
- Lens: 45mm (f/1.8 or 2.8) amber-coated lens. 52mm Filter thread.
- Shutter: Petri XV Shutter with speeds: B up to 1/500. Self cocking, X synchronization, built-in selftimer, release pressure 200g.
- Viewfinder: Bright-Line type, Parallax Correction Mark
- Rangefinder: Helicoid-type Coupled Rangefinder. Focusing from 0.8 m (2.75ft) to Infinity. "Green-O-Matic" (on the f/1.8 and early f/2.8)
- Metering: Zero Method reflection type; fully coupled 'Circle-Eye' exposure meter. Needle visible in the view finder, as well as on top plate.
- Battery: None
- Film advance: Single-stroke (180o) rapid transport lever which automatically transports film and cocks the shutter.
- Flash: Hot shoe Electronic Flash Sync with All Shutter Speeds.
- Weight: 635g