| Pentax PC35AF|
by K.Medeiros (Image rights).
The Pentax PC35AF was the first 35mm compact camera with autofocus from Pentax. There are later versions with powerwinding (PC35AF-M) and a date function. Its name led to a whole range of Pentax PC cameras.
- Fully automatic 35mm film camera with leaf-shutter and integral flash.
- Lens: Pentax 35mm, f/2.8 (5 elements in 5 groups).
- Infrared active triangular autofocus with focus lock. Focus distance 0.7m to infinity.
- Programmed auto-exposure from EV6 (f/2.8 at 1/8s) to EV17 (f/16 at 1/430s) at iso 100 with CdS-cell metering. Mechanical shutter with slow shutter warning LED and beep.
- Albada viewfinder with 85% coverage, auto-focus frame, picture frame, parallax correction frame, distance indicator needle, zone focus markers, lamps, dioptry -0.9.
- PC35 AF has no DX sensor, ISO is set manually in the range 25-400 ASA. The later version of PC35 AF-M (DATE) is fitted with auto DX decoding (range 25-1600 ASA in 1/3 steps), but also retains a manual speed selector with range 25-1000 ASA which only takes effect with non-DX film.
- Self-timer with 10s delay, beep and lamp.
- Flash guide number 11m at ISO 100, 6 second recycling, Flash will last about 7 rolls of 36 frames.
- Tripod socket.
- Power source: 2 x AA batteries.
- Size: 129x69x46mm, 320g (PC35AF-M); x51.5mm, 340g (PC35AF-M date).