|Photo by Alf Sigaro. (Image rights)||Photos by Rst90274. (Image rights)|
The LX camera was Pentax's most advanced manual focus camera, and only attempt at entering the professional segment of the 35mm SLR camera market. When introduced in 1980 it comprised from the start a series of accessories such as interchangeable viewfinders and viewfinder screens in addition to the vast range of SMC lenses. It is protected against water and dust. This is probablyTemplate:Weasel one of the finest mechanical 35mm cameras ever produced,Template:Citation needed and very comfortable and easy to handle.
Pentax LX Gold - In October 1981 a special limited edition of 300 LX cameras was produced to celebrate the company's achievement of being the first manufacturer to produce 10 million SLR cameras. On this version all the metal parts are gold plated. The leather covering is brown skin and the plastic parts are dark brown. The accompanying SMC Pentax 1:1.2 50mm lens is similarly finished with brown leather covering the focusing ring grip. It came with a brown ever ready case.
- The Pentax LX Gallery.
- The LX at Modern Classics.
- The Pentax LX Limited Edition Y2K set.
- The largest database K/PK mount lenses compatible Pentax (In english and French)
- LX early version and LX late version on Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-mount site.
- Rob Studdert's Pentax LX article at Digital Image Studio.
- Pentax LX on www.collection-appareils.com by Sylvain Halgand
- Pentax LX on Au fil des images by J.C.Boussat (in French)
- Pentax LX Statistic Price Info's at AuctionPriceTracker
|Pentax K mount SLR Cameras|
|K2 | KX | KM | K1000 | MX | ME | ME Super | ME-F | MV | MV1 | MG | LX | Super-A | Program-A | A3 | P30 | P50|