Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It effectively replaced the Pentax K20D which came out 18 months earlier.
Improvements over the K20D were:Edit
- Brand new Magnesium alloy body, with 77 seals to protect the camera from the elements.
- Brand new shutter system which was both quieter and quicker. An improved 5.2 frames per second could be achieved over the 3 FPS of the K20D (but no 21FPS in live view this time)
- Improved AF system but with the same 11 AF points (9 cross-type)
- Smaller, lighter body to appeal to users who wish to be more discreet.
- Viewfinder was 100% Pentaprism as opposed to 92% Pentaprism of the K20D
- The sensor (14.6MP from Samsung) was the same, with the same ISO range, but a refined version providing better low light performance than the K20D at similar ISO's
- Locking control dial, meaning you don't accidentally move it during use.