The Parkur (パーカー) is a Japanese leaf shutter. It is found on cameras made by Proud and Miyoshi Kōgaku, and it is always mentioned with U.L.L. lenses by Miyoshi. The Parkur-Rapid version is attributed to Miyoshi in the April 1943 government inquiry listing Japanese camera production. It is not known if the Parkur was an original Miyoshi product or if it was made by Proud before this company was absorbed by Miyoshi.
The original Parkur or Parkur S has T, B, 1–250 speeds and a self-timer, and the shutter plate is inscribed PARKUR–TOKIO at the top. It was offered on the Semi Proud and Super Semi Proud, and is also mentioned on the Roavic (but with T, B, 5–200 speeds).
- ↑ "Kokusan shashinki no genjōchōsa" ("Inquiry into Japanese cameras"), shutter item 18-V-2.
- ↑ "Parkur": advertisement in Asahi Camera November 1938, reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.89. — "Parkur S": advertisement in Asahi Camera February 1939, reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.90. — Shutter plate: example of the Super Semi Proud pictured in Sugiyama, item 1237.
- ↑ Advertisement in Shashin Bunka February 1942, reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.105.
- Asahi Camera (アサヒカメラ) editorial staff. Shōwa 10–40nen kōkoku ni miru kokusan kamera no rekishi (昭和10–40年広告にみる国産カメラの歴史, Japanese camera history as seen in advertisements, 1935–1965). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1994. ISBN 4-02-330312-7.
- "Kokusan shashinki no genjōchōsa" (国産写真機ノ現状調査, Inquiry into Japanese cameras), listing Japanese camera production as of April 1943. Reproduced in Supuringu kamera de ikou: Zen 69 kishu no shōkai to tsukaikata (スプリングカメラでいこう: 全69機種の紹介と使い方, Let's try spring cameras: Presentation and use of 69 machines). Tokyo: Shashinkogyo Syuppan-sha, 2004. ISBN 4-87956-072-3. Pp.180–7. Shutter item 18-R-5.