Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The latest in the series and replacement for the FZ30, though the differences between the two are relatively minor compared to past changes in the product line. The FZ50 has been up to 10.1 megapixels, can shoot at higher ISO speeds (up to 1600, or 3200 in certain modes), features the Venus III processing engine (versus the Venus II in the FZ30), and a number of other minor changes.
- 12x Optical zoom (35mm to 420mm 35mm equivalent; 7.4mm to 88.8mm actual)
- Minimum focus range: 5cm (Wide/Macro) to 2m (Tele)
- RAW, JPEG, MOV formats (TIFF dropped)
- 10.1MP (3648 x 2736 maximum)
- SD/SDHC/MMC compatible
- Mechanically linked manual zoom ring
- Electronically linked manual focus ring
- Viewfinder of 230,000 pixels, and LCD display of 207,000
- 1/1.8" (7.18 x 5.32 mm) CCD sensor
- ISO range: 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 (certain modes only)
- 'Mega OIS' image stabilisation
- Aperture range F2.8(at wide end)/3.7(at tele range) to F11
- Shutter speeds 60 secs to 1/2000th
- Size: 141 x 86 x 142 mm (5.5 x 3.4 x 5.6 in)
- Weight: 734g with battery (1.6 lb)