| µ[mju:]-II LIMITED (burgundy, 1998)|
by ishoothorizon (Image rights).
It was also issued in LIMITED form in 1998, released to mark 10 million total sales of mju/Stylus cameras. 65,000 examples in burgundy fascia were made available in 1998. Versions with QD (Quartzdate date-imprinting) were also available.
| µ[mju:]-II (silver, closed)|
by uwekulick (Image rights).
- Lens: 35mm, f/2.8, focusing from 0.35m-infinity. (4 elements in 4 groups).
- Active multi-beam autofocus with focus lock.
- Film format: 35mm DX-coded film, ISO 50-3200.
- Automatic exposure range of EV 1-17, f/2.8, 4s -f/11, 1/1000s. Spot metering available.
- Self-timer (12 second delay).
- Autowind and rewind.
- Integrated colour-balanced flash. Recharges in 3.5 seconds, working range 4.1m at ISO 100.
- Flash modes: Auto, red-eye reduction, suppressed, forced/fill-in, night scene (slow synch up to 4 seconds).
- LCD with battery check and frame counter.
- Time/date stamp (Quartzdate model only).
- Optional RC-200 remote control.
- Weatherproof (resistant to splashes).
- Power: one 3V lithium CR123|CR123A.
- Dimensions: 108x59x35mm.
- Weight: 135g (without battery).
- G-Mark for Good Design, Japanese Ministry of International Trade and Industry, 1997.
- European Compact Camera of the Year '97-'98, EISA, 1997
- Design Innovation '97, Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen, Germany, 1997.
- "Best Buys: 35mm Point & Shoot", Consumer Digest, 1997 and 1998.
- Top Products - Lens Shutter/Fixed Focal Length, Photo Trade News, 1997 and 1998.
- In Sylvain Halgand's collection :
- Olympus mju II and mju II LIMITED in the official Olympus Global History.
- Olympus mju II Quartzdate on Olympus Asia.
- Olympus Stylus Epic review on antiquecameras.net.
- Olympus mju II review by Patrick Hudepohlon on Photo.net
- User opinions of the Stylus Epic on PhotographyReview.com
- Jim Tardio's equipment report of the mju II/Stylus Epic
- Jim Simon's Mju-II and what it does