Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Olympus produced the 35 SP line of rangefinder cameras from 1969 through 1976. Though somewhat overshadowed early on by the explosive popularity of SLRs, the Olympus SP rangefinder models were sophisticated and high-quality cameras. Unique among 35mm rangefinders, the SP featured a dual metering system, with both spot and center-weighted readings (though not a through-the-lens meter). Its compactness relative to SLRs of comparable ability remains a strong point in its favor among enthusiasts.
The SP is very small and light, with a tack-sharp 42mm f/1.7 lens of 7 elements in 5 groups. Resolution at all f/stops is outstanding. The lens uses 49mm filters and hoods. The 35 SPn is an uncommon model which featured some minor improvements.
- Detailed info at Cameraquest.com
- Manual Camera User's Opinion about the 35 SP
- Manual Camera User's Opinion about the 35 UC
- Manuals available on the Favorite Classics section of kyphoto.com
- Lionel's Olympus 35 SP overview in french at 35mm-compact.com
- Olympus 35 SP on www.collection-appareils.fr by Sylvain Halgand
- 35 SP on Olympus Global History.
- 35-SP on Jim Simon Photogrpahy
|Olympus Classic Cameras|
|Semi | Semi II | Six | Chrome Six | Flex | Standard | 35 | Ace | Pen | Pen F | FTL | OM-1/2/3/4 | OM-10/20/30/40 | OM-707 | OM-101 | XA|