Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
By the mid 1990s, the biggest selling point of a compact camera was its zoom range. Like other manufacturers, Nikon had to balance the focal lengths possible with the latest lens designs with the desire to keep cameras small and lightweight. Much of Nikon's research and development budget must have gone into this highly profitable part of the camera market, since it resulted in some cameras that are not just small and powerful, but also stylish, lightweight, and capable of impressively sharp images. Maximum apertures generally declined as the telephoto range of zoom lenses increased, but the use of aspherical elements and extra dispersal (ED) glass in later models meant that many of these cameras could produce images worthy of SLR cameras.
Chronological list of Nikon Zoom, One•Touch Zoom, and Lite•Touch Zoom models
- Nikon Zoom 100/Zoom•Touch 470 (QD) (35-70mm f/4.5-6, 1993)
- Nikon Zoom 700 VR/Zoom-Touch 105 VR (38-105mm f/4-f/7.8 with "vibration reduction", 1994)
- Nikon Zoom 300/Lite•Touch Zoom (QD) (35-70mm, 1994)
- Nikon Zoom 60 (Fixed focus 35-60mm f/5.7-9.3 zoom lens, 1994)
- Nikon Zoom 60S (Fixed focus 35-60mm f/5.7-9.3 zoom lens, 1995)
- Nikon Zoom 310/Lite•Touch Zoom 70 (QD) (35-70mm lens, 1995)
- Nikon Zoom 500/Lite•Touch Zoom 105 (QD) (38-105mm f/3.5-9.2, 1995)
- Nikon Zoom 200/One•Touch Zoom (QD) (38-70mm f/4.7-8, 1995)
- Nikon Zoom 210/One•Touch Zoom 70 (QD) (38-70mm f/4.7-8.6, large finder, 1997)
- Nikon Zoom 800 (QD) (38-130mm f/4.5-9.5, with three aspherical lenses, 1998)
- Nikon Zoom 400/Lite•Touch Zoom 80 (QD) (38-80mm f/5-9.6 zoom, 1998)
- Nikon Zoom 600/Lite•Touch Zoom 110 (QD) (38-110mm f/4-10.8 zoom, 1998)
- Nikon Lite•Touch Zoom 120ED (QD) (38-120mm f/5.3-10.5 zoom, 2000)
- Nikon One•Touch Zoom 90 (QD) (38-90mm f/4.8-10.5 zoom, 2000)
- Nikon Lite•Touch Zoom 70W (QD) (28-70mm f/5.6-10, 2000)
- Nikon Lite•Touch Zoom 140ED (QD) (38-140mm f/5.3-10.5, 2000)
- Nikon One•Touch Zoom 90S (QD) (38-90mm f/4.8-10.5 zoom, 2002)
- Nikon Lite•Touch Zoom 70WS (QD) (28-70mm f/5.6-10, 2002)
- Nikon Lite•Touch Zoom 150ED (38-150mm f/5.4-12, 2002)
- Nikon Lite•Touch Zoom 130ED (QD) (38-130mm Zoom, 2002)
- Nikon Lite•Touch Zoom 110S (QD) (38-110mm f/4.5-11.9 zoom, 2002)
- Nikon Lite•Touch Zoom 100W (QD) (28-100mm zoom, 2003) (The final compact 35mm film camera Nikon produced.)
- Chronological list and specifications of compact cameras on Official Nikon Imaging website.