Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The P3 features a wireless network interface facility - allowing transfer of images to a computer or to a printer, including a mode where images are not saved in the camera at all, but transferred to a computer immediately after taking. The Coolpix P4 is similar, but without the wireless network.
The casing is mostly metal, with plated plastic ends, reaching onto the top-plate, around the shutter release and on-off switch, and around the VR (Vibration Reduction) switch. Beside the lens is a small circle with three holes, containing the microphone. On the user's left end is the speaker, and on the P3, there is a blue LED, signalling when the WiFi network is in use. The right end houses the wrist-strap loop and the combined USB and video connector - a Nikon proprietary design - with a fiddly captive plastic cover.
The lens is a Zoom-Nikkor with 3.5x optical zoom, 7.5-26.3mm (35mm-equivalent 36-126mm); this retracts into the body when the camera is switched off.
In the base there is a tripod bush and a door allowing access to the battery and SD memory card. The battery is held in by a very delicate sprung orange plastic triangle.
- Lens: Nikkor 3.5x zoom 7.5-26.3mm, f2.7-5.3 (minimum aperture f7.6);
- 7 elements in 6 groups, + 4x digital zoom, focusing 30cm (1 ft.) to ∞, 4cm (1.6 in.) to ∞ in Macro mode
- Power: EN-EL5 3.7v Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- Display: 2.5-inch 110,000 pixel TFT LCD
- Storage: SD cards
- Sensor: 1/1.8-inch CCD (8.3 million total pixels)
- ISO speed range: 50 - 400
- EV range: Wide: 2-17; Tele: 3-16
- Shutter: Combined mechanical and CCD electronic, speed 8s-1/2000s
- Image sizes: 3,264x2,448 [8M], 2,592x1,944 [5M], 2,048x1,536 [3M], 1,024x768 [PC], 3,264x2,176 [3:2], 640x480 [TV]
- Shooting Modes:
- Programmed Auto
- Aperture-priority Auto mode
- 9 Advanced Scene modes (Portrait [Face AF], Portrait, Night Portrait, Landscape, Night Landscape, Sunset, Dusk/Dawn, Fireworks Show, Close Up)
- 7 Scene modes (Party/Indoor, Panorama Assist, Beach/Snow, Back Light, Museum, Copy, Sports)
- BSS (Best Shot Selector),
- Date Imprint
- Self-timer 3 or 10 sec
- Dimensions: 92x61x31mm (3.6 x 2.4 x 1.2 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: 170g (5.6 oz) without battery or memory card