Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Minoltaflex is a series of TLR (twin lens reflex) cameras for 120 film made by Chiyoda Kōgaku (later Minolta) from 1937 until the 1950s. This page is about the postwar models, see also the 1937 Minoltaflex (I) and the Minoltaflex Automat.
The postwar Minoltaflex (later termed the Minoltaflex II), advertised from the July 1950 until the July 1952 issues of magazines, has a Rokkor 75mm f/3.5 lens and a Konan Rapid shutter (B, 1–500).
The Minoltaflex IIB, introduced in May 1952, has semi-automatic film advance. It was advertised in magazines dated September 1952 until February 1954.
The Minoltaflex III has a Seikosha-Rapid shutter (B, 1–500). It was advertised in magazines dated December 1953 through November 1955.
Further reading Edit
- Asahi Camera (アサヒカメラ) editorial staff. Shōwa 10–40nen kōkoku ni miru kokusan kamera no rekishi (昭和10–40年広告にみる国産カメラの歴史, Japanese camera history as seen in advertisements, 1935–1965). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1994. ISBN 4-02-330312-7. Items 922–4. (See also the advertisements for items 918–9 and 932.)
- The Japanese Historical Camera. 2nd ed. Tokyo: JCII Camera Museum, 2004.
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover). P.681.
- Mieno Tsuguharu (三重野二治). "Watashi no Minorutafurekkusu ni tsuite" (私のミノルタフレックスについて, About my Minoltaflex) and answer by Awano Mikio (粟野幹男). In Camera Collectors' News no.26 (August 1979). Nishinomiya: Camera Collectors News-sha. Pp.5–9.
- Yoshikawa Hayao (吉川速男). Watakushi no Minorutafurekkusu (私のミノルタフレックス, My Minoltaflex). Tokyo: Genkōsha, 1951.
- Minolta TLR cameras at TLR Cameras
- Minoltaflex IIB in the 70th anniversary Minolta poster, reproduced at Photoclub Alpha
- Minoltaflex IIB and Minoltaflex III in the Konica Minolta official history site
- Minoltaflex IIB (early) and Minoltaflex IIB (mid-period) at Niganrefu
- Minoltaflex IIB disassembly at Japan Family Camera
- Minoltaflex IIB restoration at Kan's Room
- Minoltaflex III at TLR milestone
- Minoltaflex III at Hayata Camera
- Minoltaflex III at Fukumaden
- Minoltaflex III restoration and photographs taken with this (and its Meopta Belar lens) at Shiroto shashinki shūri kōbō
- Minoltaflex at Kininaru News
- Photos taken by a Minoltaflex IIb at Tsukuchan no daisuki no mono