Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Minolta V2 is a rangefinder camera, launched in 1958. It is an all-mechanical camera (without a light meter), the first offering exposure times down to 1/2000 second with a leaf shutter with limited aperture:
- at B and from 1 sec to 1/500 sec every aperture from f/2 to f/22 can be used
- at 1/1000 sec only apertures from f/4 to f/22 can be used
- at 1/2000 sec only apertures from f/8 to f/22 can be used
At 1/1000 and 1/2000, the shutter blades do not fully open. (Some sources state that the Minolta V2 and the Minolta V3 use only one set of blades for shutter and aperture. This is not true .) To remind the user of this, the 1/1000 engraving is colored blue and the 1/2000 in red, and there are corresponding red (from f/8 to f/22) and blue (from f/4 to f/22) lines near the engraved aperture numbers.
In later cameras with exposure automation Minolta sometimes did combine every possible shutter speed with just a variety of the possible aperture values.
Camera Specifications Edit
- finder: coupled rangefinder (with parallax correction)
- film: 35mm
- lens: 1:2/45mm Rokkor - PF
- filter size: 46mm
- closest focusing distance: 0,8m
- shutter: Optiper-Citizen-HS M-10
- shutter speeds: B, 1 sec down to 1/2000 sec.
- aperture: 2 to 22, 4 to 22 with speed 1/1000, 8 to 22 with 1/2000
- dimensions: 137×85×74mm
- weight: 780g
- date of production: 1958
- price at release: ¥24.800
The serial number has six digits and is engraved in the accessory shoe. Body no.100005 is pictured in the user manual, and the sequence certainly started at 100001. The model name is inscribed as minolta V2 on the top cover. The example pictured in this page at Tom's home is lacking the figure 2, making it appear as a "Minolta V", but this is certainly an engraving mistake.
- Minolta Rangefinder Cameras including the V2, by Joe McGloin
In French :
- Minolta V2 at www.collection-appareils.fr
|Minolta Classic Cameras|
|Vest (or Best) | V2 | SR-2 | SRT 101 | XE | XD | CLE | 7000 | 9000 | 800 si|