Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Camera industry in Dresden|
|Balda | Certo | Eho-Altissa | Ernemann | Feinmess | Hüttig | ICA | Ihagee | Kochmann | Kerman | KW | Eugen Loeber | Ludwig | Mentor | Mimosa | Pentacon | Richter | Werner | Wünsche | Zeiss Ikon | Zeh|
|Camera distributors in Dresden|
|Camera industry in Freital|
|Beier | Pouva | Thowe | Welta|
Ludwig or Ernst Ludwig was a German optical company. It was based at Lausa, a small town near Dresden that merged with the neighbour town of Weixdorf in 1938. Some prewar lenses were thus marked Ludwig Lausa Dresden. Ludwig made entry level lenses, often with three elements. After the war, they were offered as a low price alternative to the Carl Zeiss Jena or Meyer lenses. In 1972 it was absorbed in VEB Kamerafabrik Freital, and in 1980 it fell under VEB Pentacon.
Trademarks used for Ludwig lenses:
- Auxanar (simple triplet, enlarger lens)
- Cosmar (five element triplet with cemented first and third groups)
- Kosmar (four element triplet with cemented front group)
- Meritar (simple triplet or a Tessar type)
- Victar (simple triplet)
Cameras equipped with a Ludwig lens:
- Altix - Meritar 2.9/50 mm
- Beirette - Meritar 2.9/45 mm, later 2.8/45 mm
- Beirette SL 200 - Meritar 2.9/45 mm, later 2.8/45 mm
- Beirette SL 300 - Meritar 2.9/45 mm, later 2.8/45 mm
- Belca Beltica - Meritar 2.9/50 mm
- Certo KN 35 - Kosmar 2.8/45 and Meritar 2.8/45 alternatively
- Exa - Meritar 2.9/50 mm (bayonet mount)
- Precisa - Meritar 3.5/75 mm
- Reflekta I - Meritar 3.5/75 mm
- Reflekta II - Meritar 3.5/75 mm
- Super Dollina II
- Weltaflex - Meritar 3.5/75 mm
- Wirgin Auta (1935) with E. Ludwig Lausa 6.3 /1 0.5cm lens
- ↑ Both types were produced under one name
- ↑ Note that the use of 'cm' instead of mm indicates pre-World war II usage
- Fincke H.E.: Das Objektiv deiner Kamera; Fotokinoverlag Halle, Halle, 1959.
- Naumann H.: Das Auge meiner Kamera; Verlag von Wilhelm Knapp, Halle (Saale), 1951.
- Puskov V.V.: Poradnik fotograficzny; PWT, Warsaw, 1956.