Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An eight megapixel, fixed-zoom-lens digicam.
Excellent manual controls, with buttons for just about everything. A manual focus ring and a manual zoom ring make for an excellent camera
- 8MP resolution
- Optical zoom of 7X --- 28-200mm.
- Macro at 28mm and 200mm.
- It has a tilting LCD 1.8", tilts 90 degrees up, 10 degrees down.
- Electronic viewfinder (almost 1 megapixel) tilts 90 degrees up.
- Can automatically or manually switch between two types of view
- Flash hot shoe
- Pop-up flash
- Multi-channel wireless TTL flash
- Wireless flash triggered by pop-up or hotshoe-mounted flash
- Manual zoom and focus rings
- Automatic focus switches to monochrome in low light for increased
focus range (due to higher contrast of monochrome versus color)
- Optional spot focus point can be set for any point on CCD
- Area, center-weighted and spot exposure (spot can be selected as
- Uses compact flash cards to at least 4GB
- JPEG, SuperFine JPEG, TIFF, RAW
- Lithium-ion battery pack
- Optional battery grip (shown) houses 1 or 2 battery packs and adds
vertical shooting shutter release
- Selectable LCD view --- exposure effect or "open aperture" perfect
for long exposures in dark conditions (or small aperture shots)
- APO lens --- often reviewed as "tack sharp", "excellent"
- Tripod socket centered on lens
- CCD-based vibration reduction
This camera is a real breakthrough as it combines just about every desirable feature in a non-SLR camera. Many of the features are just now being introduced on SLRs, and in half-baked fashion.