For users of cheap noname consumer digicams the Z6 is a much better camera, but for those who have seen some cameras of other good camera makers or just the Z6's early predecessor's from Konica Minolta it's in most cases a somehow disappointing camera. That's the reason why user descriptions of it on popular websites are so different.
- Lens: 1:2.8–1:4.5/5.83–69.9 mm (35–420mm when compared with lenses for 35mm film), 13 lenses in 10 groups
- Autofocus: video autofocus
- Exposure control: multi segment or integral center-weighted or spot metering
- CCD: 1/2.5" type Interline CCD with 6,4 million pixels (6 million effective, giving 2816 x 2112 Pixel format)
- film speed emulation: 50 - 320 ASA
- Shutter speed: 4 - 1/1000 sec.
- Viewfinder: 0.3" digital finder with optical diopter correction, plus 2" display, both devices showing 114000 pixels
- flash: guide number 8 (ISO 100)
- memory: Multimedia Card or Secure Digital Card
- weight: 435 g (15,3 oz.)
- dimensions: 109 x 80 x 84 mm (4,3´x 3,2 x 3,3 inch)