|Kodak Retina Automatic II image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
It has two versions:
- Small lightmeter - Serial number range: 50036 to 91019
- Large lightmeter - Serial number range: 150949 to 161446
Data belongs to the camera in the photos.
- Small lightmeter window version
- Engraving on the top plate: Retina Automatic II
- Lens: Schneider-Kreuznach Retina Xenar 45mm f/2.8 filter slip-on,
- Aperture: up to f/22 setting: Auto (A) or manual (f numbers), ring and scale on the lens-shutter barrel
- Focus range: 1-12m +inf
- Focusing: manual front cell focusing, ring, distance scale with 1, 2 and 3 dots for portrait, group and landscape and DOF scale on the lens. These dots are indicated in the viewfinder by one, two or three yellow dots which correspond to focussing zones on the lens.
- Shutter: Compur leaf shutter, speeds: 1/30-1/500 +B
- Shutter release: a lever, on the lens-shutter barrel
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, long stroke, on the bottom plate
- Frame counter: manual reset, additive type, window on the top-plate, setting:by a knob on the backof the top plate when pressing the small knob beside the counter window
- Viewfinder: bright frame finder, with parallax correction lines
- Exposure meter: Gossen Coupled Selenium cell meter, Shutter priority auto
- Film speed range: ASA 10-1250; Setting: ring and scale on the lens-shutter barrel, ring releases by pressing the small lever on it
- Exposure setting: Set the desired speed then set to A on the aperture ring. Check the needle window that the needle must be between the red marks. If not, set new speeds. This needle show the aperture that set automatically. In low light a "Stop" sign comes up in the viewfinder and the shutter is locked.
- Full manual overide is also available.
- Re-wind knob: on the left of the top plate
- Re-wind release: a button on the bottom plate
- Flash PC socket: on the front panel
- Memory dial : on the re-wind knob
- Back cover: hinged, opens by a knob with security lever, on the bottom plate
- Embossing on the back cover: Kodak Retina Camera
- Tripod socket: ¼"
- Strap lugs
- Body: metal; Weight: 573g
- Kodak Retina Automatic I Type 038
- Kodak Retina Automatic II Type 032
- Kodak Retina Automatic III Type 039
Notes and referencesEdit
- in Kodak by Mischa Koning
- in Wolfgang Brüsehaber's website
- in Kamera Museum by Kurt Tauber
- Kodak Retina automatic I (type 038), Kodak Retina automatic II (type 032), Kodak Retina Automatic III, Kodak Retina Automatic III (type 039) on www.collection-appareils.fr by Sylvain Halgand
- Retina Automatic I, Retina Automatic II, Retina Automatic III user manuals at www.collection-appareils.fr