The Kobana is a sturdy SLR with fixed pentaprism. It appears to be a based on the Cosina Hi-Lite EC, but lacks the flash shoe and the electrically controlled focal plane shutter. It came with a Cosina built Kobanar 50/1.8. The serial number of the unit shown suggests it was made in 1974. The Kobana shares some unique styling with the Cosina Hi-Lite EC, such as the self-timer, the arrangement of the control on the top housing, the bottom release lever, unique match needle marks in the viewfinder, and the 'film type reminder ring' around the rewind knob.
It was sold in Japan and by at least Australian importer.
- Type: SLR body
- Manufacturer: Cosina
- Year of launch: 1974
- Film: 35mm film with speeds 25 to 1600 ASA
- Lens mount: M42 screw mount with aperture release mechanics
- Shutter: Copal focal plane shutter with speeds 1 sec. to 1/1000 sec. or B.
- Metering: TTL metering
- Exposure: shutter speed selected manually or controlled by meter
- Viewfinder: pentaprism finder, focusing aid on screen, ocular with frame for finder accessories
- Film advance: lever with analog exposure counter, rewind unlock button and rewind crank
- Dimensions: 148 x 102 x 55 mm (body only), weight 737g body only, 995g with Kobanar 50/1.8.
- Power: Type 544 6V battery,,