| Ilex Paragon Anastigmat f4.5 lens |
in Ilex No. 4 Universal shutter
Ilex Manufacturing Co. was one of America's three main suppliers of lenses for view cameras. It was founded in 1910 by the former Bausch & Lomb shutter designers Rudolph Klein and Theodor Brueck. They invented a delay mechanism that made shutters working independently from climate conditions. Their lens brand was Paragon.
Many of the Universal shutters have the speeds T, B, 1/100, 1/50, 1/25, 1/10, 1/5, 1/2, and 1 sec. Most ACME shutters have additional 1/150 sec.
Ilex press shuttersEdit
- Ilex Universal
- Ilex General
- No. 1 Universal
- No. 2 ACME
- No. 3 ACME Synchro
- No. 4 Universal
- No. 4 ACME
- No. 4 ACME Synchro
- No. 5 Universal
with speed only up to 1/50 sec.
- No. 5 Universal Synchro
with speed only up to 1/50 sec. and with switch for M, X or nor flash sync
- No. OO Universal Electronic
with mechanical speed setting (three speeds plus T and B)
- No. 1 Synchro Electronic
with electric shutter speed control
|photography related industry in Rochester (New York)|
|American Camera | Bausch & Lomb | Blair | Century | Crown Optical Co. | Elgeet | Folmer & Schwing | Gassner and Marx | Graflex | Gundlach | Ilex | JML | Kodak | Milburn | Monroe | PMC | Ray | Reichenbach, Morey and Will | Rochester Camera and Supply Co. | Rochester Optical Co. | Seneca | Sunart | Walker | Wollensak|
|and in Rochester (Minnesota)|
| graflex.org - Rudolf Kingslake's|
"Optical industry in Rochester (N.Y.)"
- nuArc 8 1/4" f 5.6 Widefield Process Paragon
- Oscillo Paragon f1.9 3-inch (80mm)
- Oscillo Paragon f1.3 3-inch (80mm)
- Paragon Anastigmat f4.5 3 1/2"
- Paragon Anastigmat f4.5 E.F. 6 1/2" (also with label: f4.5 163mm)
- Paragon Anastigmat f4.5 E.F. 8 1/2-in 
- Paragon Anastigmat, f4.5, 12 inch (305mm)
- Paragon Anastigmat, f4.5, Serie A focus, 12 inch
- Paragon Telephoto f6.3/9-in
- ??? 8 1/4" f 11 Process Lens
- 15 3/4" f/4.5 Barrel, No Shutter