Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Honjō Shōkai (本庄商会) was a Japanese distributor founded in 1916 by Honjō Kenzaburō (本庄憲三郎). From 1942 to 1944, it was based at Motomachi-ku Motomachi-dōri 6 in Kōbe (神戸市元町区元町通六丁目) and Higashi-ku Doshōmachi 5 in Ōsaka (大阪市東区道修町五). In the early 1940s, it was perhaps associated to Nihon Shōkai, a distributor based in Tokyo, and various cameras were jointly distributed by the two companies.
The company became Honjō K.K. (本庄株式会社, translated as "Honjo & Co.") in 1960. It was still in existence in 2007 as a wholesaler of photographic products.
Cameras distributed as main distributor Edit
- Waltax (before 1945, together with Nihon Shōkai)
- Taroflex (together with Nihon Shōkai)
- Alfax (together with Nihon Shōkai)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Official company history.
- ↑ The advertisements dated March and December 1943 reproduced here and here at Gochamaze give the two full addresses. The advertisements dated April 1942 and May 1943 reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, pp.78 and 107, give the Ōsaka address and give a postal box in Kōbe. The advertisement dated March 1942 reproduced at Gochamaze and in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.58, and the advertisement on the second cover of Nihon Shashin Kōgyō Tsūshin, February 15, 1944, reproduced on p.64 of Hyaku-gō goto jūkai no kiroku, mention the Kōbe branch only.
- ↑ Advertisement in Hōdō Shashin April 1942, reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.107.
- ↑ Advertisement dated 1942 reproduced in Nostalgic Camera by Toshio Inamura.
- ↑ Advertisement in Asahi Graph, March 3, 1943, reproduced at Gochamaze.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Advertisement on the second cover of Nihon Shashin Kōgyō Tsūshin, February 15, 1944, reproduced on p.64 of Hyaku-gō goto jūkai no kiroku.
- ↑ Advertisement in Hōdō Shashin May 1943, reproduced in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.78.
- ↑ Advertisement in Hōdō Shashin March 1942, reproduced at Gochamaze and in Kokusan kamera no rekishi, p.58.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Advertisement in Asahi Graph, December 22, 1943, reproduced at Gochamaze.
- Asahi Camera (アサヒカメラ) editorial staff. Shōwa 10–40nen kōkoku ni miru kokusan kamera no rekishi (昭和10–40年広告にみる国産カメラの歴史, Japanese camera history as seen in advertisements, 1935–1965). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1994. ISBN 4-02-330312-7.
- Nihon Shashin Kōgyō Tsūshin (日本写真興業通信). Hyaku-gō goto jūkai no kiroku (百号ごと十回の記録, Ten records, every hundred issues). Tokyo: Nihon Shashin Kōgyō Tsūshin Sha (日本写真興業通信社), 1967. No ISBN number. Advertisement on p.64, corresponding to the second cover of the February 15, 1944 issue.
- Company history (web archive, April 5, 2006) in the Honjō official website (currently dead)
- Advertisement for the Waltax dated 1942, reproduced in Nostalgic Camera by Toshio Inamura
- Advertisement by Nihon Shōkai and Honjō Shōkai published in the 22 December 1943 issue of Asahi Graph, reproduced in the Japanese camera page of the Gochamaze website