Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Great Wall was a camera brand name used by the Beijing Camera Factory. This factory got its name after it tried to launch its spring-motor driven rangefinder camera as Beijing SZ-1. The government had doubts that the camera name given by the half state-owned company Da Lai could offend the camera factory workers of Shanghai. Da Lai had roots in the pre-revolution era as the Da Lai Precision Machine Shop. After complete take-over by the state the company was renamed to Beijing Camera Factory and its camera models were renamed. After a while all its products got the brand name Great Wall.
- Rainbow (Ricohflex copy), prototype was Da Lai TLR
- Temple Of Heaven (Ricohflex VIIS copy)
- Great Wall SZ-1 (35mm rangefinder), hand-made 12-piece pilot series was Beijing SZ-1
- Great Leap (Pionyr copy)
- Great Wall 35 (Rollei 35 copy) (only 5 were made)
- Great Wall DF (medium format SLR)
- Great Wall PF-1 (SLR in compact camera style)