Goerz Manufoc-Tenax (Manufok in German) is a series of folding bed plate medium format to large format film camera, manufactured by Optische Anstalt C.P. Goerz AG. Friedenau, Berlin, Germany and produced between c.1908-c.1926.
Many variations were made over the production duration. "Manufoc" stands for manual focusing to differantiate it from Autofoc-Tenax which was auto-focusing meaning self-erecting.
- Body: leather covered aluminium
- Bellows: double extension, leather
- With Rack and pinion adjustment
- With accurate focusing scale
- Formats: 6.5x9, 9x12, 9x12 Tropical,9x14, 10x15, 13x18 cm.
- There were many lens/shutter combinations:
After 1921, new models have different struts and new lens pull-out system with the lens standard staying in the tracks when the camera closed. Marked "Goerz DRP" on front of the lens standard. A similar but more simple camera is the Taro-Tenax.
|Goerz Manufoc-Tenax image by Uwe Kulick (Image rights)|
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover). p.357