Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are (at least) four versions of the Gevabox:
- A Bakelite-moulded version, very similar to the Adox 66, taking 6x6 images on 120 film; made c.1950 for Gevaert by Hermann Wolf GmbH, Wuppertal, Germany.
- single speed shutter+B, f.8 lens, stopping to f.11; single waist-level finder
- A rectangular metal one with chrome edges, taking 6x9 images on 120 film; made from c.1951 for Gevaert by Hermann Wolf GmbH, Wuppertal, Germany.
- Single-speed + B shutter; f8 lens, stopping to f.11 & f.16, focusing 5ft-infinity; two waist-level viewfinders (for landscape and portrait formats)
- A rounded metal-cased one, with an eye-level plastic viewfinder on top, taking 6x9 images on 120 film; made between 1955 & 1959 by Bilora in Germany.
- Two speed (1/50, 1/100) shutter + B, fixed-focus 105mm/f.11 lens, stop to f.16; telescope-type eye-level finder
- A rectangular metal one, two speed ( 1/50 and 1/100) and B ; f = 10,5 / 1:11 ; and 11 or 16 ; finder on top.
|Adox 66 version of 1950 Gevabox|| rectangular 1951 version|
&sbrftog=1&dfsp=1&catref=C6&satitle=&sacat=-1&catref=C6&sadis=200&fpos=NW6+1EH&sabfmts=1&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=alrus1234&fsop=1&fsoo=2 ebay user Alrus1234 - (Image rights)
- 1950 Bakelite version on Pascal Labrouillère's Flickr pages
- Gevabox - 1951 rectangular version on Ken Smith's Photography site
- 1955 Rounded version on Ken Lyndrups Collection of photo-curios
- Gevaert on www.collection-appareils.com by Sylvain Halgand