The Fujifilm Fotonex 4000ix SL or Fujifilm Endeavor 4000SL was Fujifilm's contribution to the advanced cameras for the Advanced Photo System. It was a real automatic SLR, but with built-in lens. Its outer design looks like that of digital zoom cameras. It was made by Olympus, and is similar to the Olympus Centurion.
- Camera Type: SLR
- Manufacturer: Fujifilm
- Films: IX240 (APS film cartridges), speeds 25 - 3200 ASA
- Film handling: drop-in load, motorized film advance.
- Lens: Fujinon 1:4.5-1:5.6 / 25-100 mm zoom lens (11 glass elements in 4 groups, including multi-coated lenses with EBC (electron beam coating)).
- Focusing: TTL phase detection-type autofocus
- Exposure: automatic
- Metering: TTL
- Shutter: focal plane, speeds 2 - 1/2000 sec.
- Viewfinder: Single lens reflex type real image zoom finder, 92%, diopter adjusting dial
- Flash: built-in, auto-flash, reaching as far as 4.5 meters with wide angle lens position
- Weight: 484g without CR123A batteries
- Dimensions: 119×81×109 mm
|SLRs for the Advanced Photo System|
|Canon EOS IX | Canon EOS IX Lite (IX 7) | Fujifilm Fotonex 4000ix SL | Minolta Vectis S-1 | Minolta Vectis S-100|
|Nikon Pronea S | Nikon Pronea 6i (600i) | Fujifilm Endeavor 4000SL | Olympus Centurion | Olympus Centurion S|