It is also known as FED-30. This camera is nearly identical to the Konica EYE half-frame camera of the same period.
It had fully automatic exposure controlled by a selenium meter around the lens. The lens was a Helios-89 30mm/f1.9. Later models have a removable back and a silk-screened ФЭД Микрон on the front; earliest models have engraved ФЭД on the top plate and Микрон on the front and a hinged back. There are intermediate models that have ФЭД Микрон engraved on the front and a hinged back.
|FED Mikron type 5a c.1980 image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
Data belongs to the type 5a in the photos.
- The normal covering of the camera is black, but this camera has been recovered in red.
- Lens: Helios-89 30mm f/1.9; filter thread 46mm
- Aperture: up to f/16
- Setting: fully auto-exposure; on the camera you never know what f-stop gets set; for manual flash use the ring and scale on the lens
- Focus range: 1-10m + inf
- Focusing: manual, ring and scale on the lens, ring clicks on the portrait, three-quarter portrait, group and landscape distances, their symbols visible in the finder, w/ handle for easy using
- Shutter: leaf shutter, speeds: 1/30-1/800, speeds visible in the finder
- Setting : Auto and B (f/1.9 and 1/30); fully auto-exposure; At 1/30 the f-stop is f1.9; at 1/800 the f-stop is f16. In manual mode for flash use, the apertures can be set manually with a 1/30 shutter.
- Shutter release: on the top plate, w/ cable release socket
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, short stroke, on the top plate
- Frame counter: auto-reset, additive type, window on the top plate, not works wo/ the film in the camera
- Viewfinder: bright frame finder, parallax correction frames, symbols of portrait, three-quarter portrait, group and landscape visible in the finder with index mark moves when turning the focus ring
- Exposure meter: Selenium cell meter around the lens, fully automatic speed and aperture controlled, sets the shutter speed and the f-stop in a programmed exposure mode.
- Film speed range: 16-250 GOST (approximately ISO 18-300); setting: by a thumb wheel on the back of the top plate, window on the top plate
- Exposure setting: set the aperture ring to Auto (A), press the shutter relase (before cocking) and check the speed in the finder by index mark , if light conditions is not appropriate a red flag occurs on the speed scale, in this case the shutter not works,
- Re-wind lever: folding crank, on the top plate
- Re-wind release: button on the bottom plate
- Flash PC socket: on front of the camera
- Cold-shoe: none
- Self-timer: none
- Back cover: removable, opens by a small button beside the rewind lever
- Tripod socket: ¼”
- Hand strap lug
- Body: metal; Weight: 445g
- Serial no. on the lens
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Mikron series: FED-35, FED-35A, FED-50, FED Boy Stereo, FED Mikron, FED Mikron-2, FED Stereo, FED Stereo-M (As to Alexander Komarov )
- ↑ As to Alexander Komarov
- in Fotoua by Alexander Komarov
- in Sovietcams by Aidas Pikiotas
- FED Micron photos
- in Communist Cameras by Nathan Dayton
|Rangefinder FED | FED-1 | FED NKVD | FED-S | FED-2 | FED-3 | FED-4 | FED-5 | FED-5s | FED-5v | FED-6 TTL | FED-10 | FED-11 Atlas | FED-35 | FED-35A | FED Mikron-2 | TSVVS|