Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|FED-5s type 1b (1977-81) image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
Latin FED-5s = Cyrillic ФЭД-5c
FED-5s is an economy model of the FED-5, without diopter adjustment, and some minor diferences, but with a bright-line finder.
There are 4 types and 2 sub-types of the camera 
- Lens: Industar-61 L/D 2.8/55 (ИНДУСТАР-61 Л/Д), M39 screw mount, filter size 40.5mm
- Aperture: f/2.8 - f /22
- Focus range: 1-20m +infinity
- Focusing: matching yellow rangefinder images in the viewfinder
- Shutter: rubberized silk double cloth curtain, horizontally moving focal plane
- Speds: 1-1/500 +B 
- Cocking lever: also winds the film, short stroke, retractable, on the right of the top plate
- Frame counter: coupled with the cocking lever, advance type, auto-resets
- Viewfinder: coupled viewfinder/rangefinder, w/ bright-line parallax corrected frame
- Exposure meter: uncoupled Selenium sensor, metering by a needle window on the top-plate
- Exposure setting: Set the film speed on the large dial. Even though the speeds on the dial are in GOST, just set the ASA value, Point the camera to the scene you want to photograph, Look through the light meter window to see which number the needle indicates, Turn the light meter dial until the silver number underneath corresponds with the number from needle window, Read off the suitable shutter speed and aperture combinations and set the camera accordingly
- Re-winding : a pop-up small chrome knob at the centre of the exposure/ASA(GOST) setting dial, push and turn to left for pop-up
- Self-timer: activates with a small knob above it
- Flash PC sync socket: on the back of the top plate, only activates at 1/30 speed.
- Hot - shoe
- Memory dial: on the knob of the cocking lever
- Back cover: removable with the bottom plate, opens by two pop-up semi-circle levers on the bottom plate
- Tripod socket: 1/4"
- Engravings on the back of the top plate: СДЕЛАНО В СССР ( SDELANO V SSSR = MADE IN USSR) and FED logo
- Weight: 720g
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ As to Alexander Komarov in Fotoua
- ↑ The early Leica cameras, and the other Leica inspired cameras like Canon III, FEDs and Zorkis, and any camera where winding on also causes the film speed selector to turn, always cock the shutter before changing film speeds
|Rangefinder FED | FED-1 | FED NKVD | FED-S | FED-2 | FED-3 | FED-4 | FED-5 | FED-5s | FED-5v | FED-6 TTL | FED-10 | FED-11 Atlas | FED-35 | FED-35A | FED Mikron-2 | TSVVS|