Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Ernemann Miniatur-Ernoflex was a miniature version of Ernemann's folding plate SLR cameras with focal plane shutter. It was available in the mid-1920s. Unfolded it had nearly the typical design of contemporary SLR cameras with the lens panel strut folded forward and a high leather-made focusing hood around the ground glass. Folded it was a quite compact box with just the shutter slit width selection knob and the shutter cocking knob on one side plus the shutter spring tension controls on the opposite side as visible camera parts. Its focal plane shutter was advertised as patented "safety blind focal plane shutter" since it could be wound up without danger of exposing the uncovered plate accidentally. The shutter offered speeds up to 1/1000 sec. . Even 10 years later the best blade shutters were just capable of 1/500 sec. . Of course speeds had to be selected as a combination of shutter slit width and shutter spring tension. Bulb and Time settings were also possible. People who were not used to the reflex focusing screen could put a ground glass into the camera back instead of a film plate. Even some kind of lens shifting was possible with this camera (see links, manual).
- Type: strut folding plate SLR
- Manufacturer: Ernemann
- Year of launch: 1925
- Alternate name: Ernemann Miniatur Klappreflex
- Film: 4.5×6cm film plates
- Lens: Ernemann Ernon 1:3.5/75mm or Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:4.5/80mm
- Shutter: focal plane shutter with speeds 1/20 to 1/1000 sec. , separate wind-up knob on a camera side, additional shutter speed regulation with shutter spring tension control knob on the opposite side, with little tension value indicator window
- Focusing: lever at the lens: 3.6 feet to infinity
- Aperture: Iris diaphragm, stoppable down to f32