According to the catalogue, "The Continette is an inexpensive Zeiss Ikon model fitted with the latest genuine Carl Zeiss lens".
One unorthodox feature of the (otherwise entirely conventional) Continette is the shutter release; this is combined with the frame counter ring around it, and the whole dial forms the release button. The frames are counted by a ring around the edge of the scale. This feature was inherited from the Contina models and other Zeiss models.
There is a small film type reminder on the back.
- Manufacturer: Zeiss Ikon, Stuttgart, Germany
- Film format: 35mm 24×36mm frames
- Lens: Carl Zeiss Lucinar, 45mm f/2.8
- Shutter: Prontor, 1/30–1/250 + B with self-timer
- Flash sync via PC socket
- Continette in 1961 Zeiss Ikon catalogue on the Marriotts' site
- Continette on Mike Elek's Classic Cameras
In French and English: