Part of the Canon Sure Shot/Prima/Autoboy series of compact cameras from Canon. When it hit the market in April 1994, the Autoboy D5 (aka Sure Shot A-1, WP-1 or Prima AS-1) was the world's smallest and lightest underwater camera that could also be used equally well on land. Fully automatic, the camera has 3-point smart autofocus that is effective for distances from 1-3m and a fixed focus macro mode (with forced flash) for underwater shots as close as 45cm. It is completely weather-sealed and robust while remaining compact and lightweight.
- Lens: 32mm, f/3.5 (6 elements in 6 groups)
- Programmed shutter: 1/250-2s.
- Viewfinder: large and bright for use with swimming goggles, autofocus frame, ready light, flash warning.
- Flash: Automatic, but can be disabled. GN: 7.5m at ISO 100.
- Date/Time feature with LCD.
- Automatic winding.
- Waterproof: To five metres, using rubber seals and O-rings.
- Power: One 3V CR123A battery
- Dimensions & weight: 133x88x56 mm, 385 g (with battery)
| Prima AS-1|
by ishoothorizon (Image rights).