The New F-1 was a complete reworking of Canon's professional camera model, while still keeping to the design principles of the original F-1.
For the Los Angeles Olympic games of 1984, to which Canon was a major sponsor, a special edition of this camera was issued with a matt black finish, the engraved letters filled with corn-yellow paint. A special carrying strap was also supplied, but no special lens was offered. It is generally known as the Canon F-1N L.A.
- New F-1 opinion at Modern Classics
- F-1 Repair Manual
- The New F-1
- Canon New F-1 High Speed Motor Drive Camera
- Canon F1n at Sylvain Halgand's www.collection-appareils.fr
- Video Manual
- Canon New F-1 Statistic Price Info's at AuctionPriceTracker (English)
- Canon New F-1 Statistic Price Info's at AuctionPriceTracker (German)
- Canon New F-1 Statistic Price Info's at AuctionPriceTracker (Italian)