Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It introduced the Canon FL lens mount, the successor to the Canon R. After the Canonflex R-series, the Canon FX was the first in a new series having an aperture linkage on a new lens mount. The model designation's "flex" (for single-lens reflex) suffix was replaced with an "F." The FX was available with either silver or black metal parts.
- Lens: standard lenses are Canon FL 58mm f/1.2 and FL 50mm f/1.8
- Lens mount: FL bayonet mount. Fully automatic aperture system with automatic aperture lever on the camera body and automatic aperture lever on the lens.
- Shutter: horizontal-travel focal-plane shutter with cloth curtains with speeds 1-1/1000 +B
- Frame counter: counts up, resets automatically when camera back is opened.
- Flash sync: FP- and X-sync (automatic-switching sync contacts, X-sync speed of 1/55, and German terminal socket on camera front).
- Viewfinder: fixed eye-level SLR pentaprism. 0.9x magnification (FL 50mm), 90% vertical coverage, 93% horizontal coverage. Split-image rangefinder at center of fresnel matte screen. Mirror lockup provided.
- Exposure meter: CdS cell lightmeter, switchable between two ranges (high & low) for aperture readings.
- Metering ranges at ISO 100: EV 1-10 and EV 9 -18.
- Film speed range from ISO 10-800.
- Re-wind lever: collapsible crank
- Battery: 1.3V MD mercury cell. Battery check feature provided.
- Body: metal; Weight: 900g
|images by Clicks_1000 (Image rights)|