Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| a complete rework of the original Elph|
(Ixus) design - switched off
The Canon ELPH 370Z (or, in Europe, IXUS Z70 and IXY 330 in Japan) was a reworked version of the Canon Elph (=Canon IXUS, or Canon IXY). Canon was the most respectable producer of APS cameras - with a series of IXUS/Elph models. After the good success of the original Elph concerning sales and quality Canon tried to continue its line of top compact cameras for the small smart film cartridges. The new Elph had a nice stainless steel body, a sophisticated autofocus and a 3x-Zoom lens. It has a sliding on/off switch which extends the flash outward.
- Type: compact camera
- Manufacturer: Canon
- Year of launch: 1998
- Film: APS film cartridges
- Lens: Canon zoom lens, 1:4.5/23mm to 1:9.9/69mm (35mm equivalent 29-87mm), 7 elements in 6 groups (all glass, including 2 aspheric surfaces)
- Shutter: Combination aperture and electromagnetic drive shutter with speeds 2 sec. to 1/500 sec. (max. 1/350 sec. in tele mode) with self-timer
- Exposure: program controlled automatic exposure
- Viewfinder: real image zoom finder, magnification 0.33 to 0.99
- Focusing: 3-point active and 1-point passive hybrid autofocus using CCD line sensors and 5 infra-red-emitting diodes as distance-measuring elements
- Flash: built-in, reaching as far as 4.4m in wide angle mode (ISO 100)
- Dimensions: 95×64.5×32mm
- Weight: 205 g