|image by Authenticity in Film|
The Canon EOS Rebel Ti was released in 2002 to upgrade Canon's EOS Rebel series of autofocus consumer SLR cameras. Upon its release, the Rebel Ti had the fastest autofocus and most advanced autoexposure in its class.
Among the more welcomed improvements was the new stainless steel lens mount, replacing the less durable plastic mount found on previous EOS Rebel cameras, the ability to adjust the viewfinder diopter, a higher built-in flash with better red-eye reduction capability, and an illuminated LCD panel.
The Rebel Ti was marketed as Canon EOS 300V in Europe, Asia and Oceania, and as Canon EOS Kiss 5 in Japan.
|image by Peter Smithson|
- Compatible lens mount: Canon EF (autofocus and electronic data exchange)
- Multiple image control modes, including programmed (portrait, landscape, close-up, sports, night portrait, flash off) and manual or semi-manual (Program AE, shutter priority, aperture priority, full manual, automatic depth-of-field), plus E-TTL/A-TTL/TTL program autoflash.
- Viewfinder: eye-level pentamirror with 90% coverage, 0.7x magnification, diopter adjustable in the -2.5..+0.5 range) and depth-of-field preview. Conveys information about focus, exposure, flash, and warnings about out-of-range settings (see manual for exact details).
- TTL-CT-SIR autofocus with CMOS sensor, 7 AF points, range EV 1-18 at ISO 100, AF assist beam, four focusing modes including manual focus and manual selection of autofocus point. AF points are indicated on the viewfinder and LCD panel.
- Electronically controlled focal-plane shutter with electromagnetic release. Range 1/2000 - 30 sec. in 1/2-stop increments. Bulb mode. X sync at 1/90 sec.
- TTL metering with 35 zones SPC, multiple modes (evaluative, partial, center-weighted), range EV 1-20. Manual exposure compensation +/– 2 stops in 1/2-stop increments. Auto and manual AE lock.
- Built-in flash, AF point-linked, 3-zone autoflash. Guide No. 12 meters or 39 feet at ISO 100. Recycling time 2 sec. Coverage 28mm lens angle. Red-eye reduction.
- ISO speed set automatically with DX code in range 25-5000 in 1/3 stop increments, or manually in range 6-6400.
- Automatic motorized film loading, advance and rewind. Mid-roll rewind button. Continuous shooting at 2.5 fps. Film is fully unwinded upon loading (approx. 7 sec for 24 frame film) and fed back into the cartridge after every shot. Noise level 54 dB.
- Date model only: calendar up to year 2099, fed from main batteries.
- Multiple exposures feature, up to 9 exposures.
- Self-timer with 10 second delay.
- Power source: 2x CR2 batteries.
- Dimensions: 130x88x64mm / 5.1x3.5x2.5in (WxHxD).
- Weight: 395g / 12.9oz (body-only without film, or batteries).