Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Canon ELPH 490Z is a compact APS camera, similar to the Canon IXUS APS cameras, introduced by Canon in July 1996. It has a circular lens cover, which hinges up to open, and houses the main flashgun and a smaller lamp for red eye reduction. The back has an LCD panel for settings display, a covered section for the date and title setting buttons, a "best shot selector" dial, along with the zoom control, viewfinder and mid-roll film rewind button
- Type: Compact camera
- Image size: 16.7 x 30.2 mm
- Lens: Canon 22.5-90, f/5.6-8.9
- Focus control: Hybrid active/passive five-point AiAf (autofocus) system
- Object range: 0.6 m to infinity (0.35 m to infinity in close-up mode)
- Shutter type: Combination aperture and program electromagnetic shutter
- Viewfinder: Real-image zoom viewfinder
- Viewfinder magnification: Wide-angle: 0.29x, Telephoto: 1.16x
- Viewfinder information display: Inside viewfinder: Picture frame, C-type mask (for C prints), P-type mask (for P prints), Best Shot mode indicators. Viewfinder eyepiece area: Green indicator (OK-to-shoot/close-range warning), orange indicator (hand movement warning)
- Film loading: Automatic (with automatic blank film advance)
- Film winding: Automatic, single shot (normal) or continuous (action mode)
- Film rewinding: Automatic at end of film, rewind before completion available
- Frame counter: Sequential; counts up during winding and down during rewinding
- Self-timer: Electronically controlled ten-second shutter delay timer, activated by shutter button. Self-timer lamp/red-eye reduction lamp on front panel blinks to indicate time, and frame counter shows seconds remaining
- Remote control function option: Infrared remote control (Canon RC-5) system is activated by emitter button; includes two-second delayed shutter release
- Metering range (ISO 100):
- Auto/flash ON modes:
Wide-angle: 1/45 f/5.6 to 1/650 f/14.2 (approx. EV10.5 to EV17). Telephoto: 1/150 f/8.9 to 1/430 f/17.5 (approx. EV13.5 to EV17)
- Flash OFF/slow-synchro modes:
Wide-angle: 4 sec. f/5.6 to 1/650 f/14.2 (approx. EV3 to EV17). Telephoto: 4 sec. f/8.9 to 1/430 f/17.5 (approx. EV4.3 to EV17)
- Exposure compensation:
(1) +/- 1.5 step (Flash OFF) manual-exposure compensation. Set with flash mode cycle.
(2) Automatic +1.5 exposure compensation applied as necessary except when (1) is used.
- Film speed setting: ISO 25 to 10000, set automatically in 1/3 step increments
- Built-in flash: Self-contained, operates automatically in low-light and backlit conditions
- Flash range: With ISO 100 color print film; Wide angle: 0.6 to 4.0 m/2 to 13.2 ft., Telephoto: 0.6 to 2.5 m/2 to 8.3 ft.
- Flash recycling time: approx. 5 seconds
- Flash mode switching: Press flash mode button
(1) Full Auto mode: Automatic in low-light and backlit conditions.
(2) Full Auto: with red-eye reduction: Automatic in low-light and backlit conditions with red-eye reduction.
(3) Flash ON mode: Operates with every shot.
(4) Flash OFF mode: Does not operate.
(5) Flash OFF /manual +1.5 step exposure compensation mode, does not operate.
(6) Flash OFF /manual -1.5 step exposure compensation mode, does not operate.
(7) Slow-synchro mode: Operates on every shot.
- Date recording: Built-in LCD panel and automatic calendar with quartz digital date/time clock, programmed with dates until the year 2029 (compensates automatically for long and short months and leap years). Clock function accurate to within +/- 120 seconds per month at 20°C or lower.
Data types: Dates (seven formats), titles (six languages x five formats).
Character type: Depends on lab capabilities.
Data color: Depends on lab capabilities.
- Power supply: Two CR2 lithium batteries.
- Shooting capacity: Approx. fourteen 25-exposure film cartridges.
- Dimensions: 120 (w) x 64.4 (h) x 46.9 (d) mm/4-3/4 x 2-1/2 x 1-7/8 in.
- Weight: 270g (without batteries)/ 9.9 0z.
Write the second section of your page here.