The Canon ELPH 490Z is a compact APS camera, similar to the Canon IXUS APS cameras, introduced by Canon in July 1996. It has a circular lens cover, which hinges up to open, and houses the main flashgun and a smaller lamp for red eye reduction. The back has an LCD panel for settings display, a covered section for the date and title setting buttons, a "best shot selector" dial, along with the zoom control, viewfinder and mid-roll film rewind button
- Type: Compact camera
- Image size: 16.7 x 30.2 mm
- Lens: Canon 22.5-90, f/5.6-8.9
- Focus control: Hybrid active/passive five-point AiAf (autofocus) system
- Object range: 0.6 m to infinity (0.35 m to infinity in close-up mode)
- Shutter type: Combination aperture and program electromagnetic shutter
- Viewfinder: Real-image zoom viewfinder
- Viewfinder magnification: Wide-angle: 0.29x, Telephoto: 1.16x
- Viewfinder information display: Inside viewfinder: Picture frame, C-type mask (for C prints), P-type mask (for P prints), Best Shot mode indicators. Viewfinder eyepiece area: Green indicator (OK-to-shoot/close-range warning), orange indicator (hand movement warning)
- Film loading: Automatic (with automatic blank film advance)
- Film winding: Automatic, single shot (normal) or continuous (action mode)
- Film rewinding: Automatic at end of film, rewind before completion available
- Frame counter: Sequential; counts up during winding and down during rewinding
- Self-timer: Electronically controlled ten-second shutter delay timer, activated by shutter button. Self-timer lamp/red-eye reduction lamp on front panel blinks to indicate time, and frame counter shows seconds remaining
- Remote control function option: Infrared remote control (Canon RC-5) system is activated by emitter button; includes two-second delayed shutter release
- Metering range (ISO 100):
- Auto/flash ON modes:
Wide-angle: 1/45 f/5.6 to 1/650 f/14.2 (approx. EV10.5 to EV17). Telephoto: 1/150 f/8.9 to 1/430 f/17.5 (approx. EV13.5 to EV17)
- Flash OFF/slow-synchro modes:
Wide-angle: 4 sec. f/5.6 to 1/650 f/14.2 (approx. EV3 to EV17). Telephoto: 4 sec. f/8.9 to 1/430 f/17.5 (approx. EV4.3 to EV17)
- Exposure compensation:
(1) +/- 1.5 step (Flash OFF) manual-exposure compensation. Set with flash mode cycle.
(2) Automatic +1.5 exposure compensation applied as necessary except when (1) is used.
- Film speed setting: ISO 25 to 10000, set automatically in 1/3 step increments
- Built-in flash: Self-contained, operates automatically in low-light and backlit conditions
- Flash range: With ISO 100 color print film; Wide angle: 0.6 to 4.0 m/2 to 13.2 ft., Telephoto: 0.6 to 2.5 m/2 to 8.3 ft.
- Flash recycling time: approx. 5 seconds
- Flash mode switching: Press flash mode button
(1) Full Auto mode: Automatic in low-light and backlit conditions.
(2) Full Auto: with red-eye reduction: Automatic in low-light and backlit conditions with red-eye reduction.
(3) Flash ON mode: Operates with every shot.
(4) Flash OFF mode: Does not operate.
(5) Flash OFF /manual +1.5 step exposure compensation mode, does not operate.
(6) Flash OFF /manual -1.5 step exposure compensation mode, does not operate.
(7) Slow-synchro mode: Operates on every shot.
- Date recording: Built-in LCD panel and automatic calendar with quartz digital date/time clock, programmed with dates until the year 2029 (compensates automatically for long and short months and leap years). Clock function accurate to within +/- 120 seconds per month at 20°C or lower.
Data types: Dates (seven formats), titles (six languages x five formats).
Character type: Depends on lab capabilities.
Data color: Depends on lab capabilities.
- Power supply: Two CR2 lithium batteries.
- Shooting capacity: Approx. fourteen 25-exposure film cartridges.
- Dimensions: 120 (w) x 64.4 (h) x 46.9 (d) mm/4-3/4 x 2-1/2 x 1-7/8 in.
- Weight: 270g (without batteries)/ 9.9 0z.
Write the second section of your page here.