Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Beier Beirax 1950 image by Süleyman Demir (Image rights)|
- Self erecting bellows
- Film 120 roll, picture sizes 6x9cm and 4.5x6cm with a mask
- Early models have rounded body and later models (c.1937) have squared body
- Optional body shutter release
- Lenses: Victar 105mm f/6.3 or f/4.5
- Shutters: Vario, Prontor, Prontor II and Compur
The Bentzin Primar folding rollfilm camera, c.1937 has the same squared basic body.
Beirax 1950 is a resumed pre-WW2 version 1936. The differences are the shutter release on the body and folding sport optical finder on the same side of the winding knob. The camera was offered various lens/shutter combinations.
Data belongs to the camera in the photos.
- Film: 120 roll, picture size 6x9cm and 4.5x6cm with a mask
- Embossing on top of the camera: Beirax
- Lens: E.Ludwig Meritar 105mm f/4.5, filter slip-on
- Aperture: up to f/32 setting: lever and scale on the lens-shutter barrel
- Focus range: 1.5x15m +inf
- Focusing: manual front cell focusing, ring and scale on front of the lens
- Shutter: leaf everset shutter, three speeds 1/25-1/50-1/100 +T & B
- Setting : lever and scale on the lens-shutter barrel
- Cocking and Shutter release: by the same knob, on the left side of the camera
- Viewfinder: folding frame optical finder, on the left side of the camera
- Winding knob: on the left side of the camera
- Bellows: single extension, self erecting, opens by a small silver knob on the left side of the camera, closes by pressing the struts
- Flash PC socket: none
- Back cover: hinged, w/ two red window and built-in lid, opens by a latch on top of the camera
- Embossing on the back cover: Beier logo
- Tripod socket: 3/8", on the right side of the camera
- Hand strap lugs
- Camera leg on the front cover
- Body: metal; Weight: 545g
- Serial no. none