Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The original model appeared in 1907 as a renaming of the 4.5×6 Gnom, from which it shows no visible difference. The camera has a metal body shaped as a box and contains six glass plates. The drop-plate changing mechanism is controlled by a lever at the top of the camera. The brilliant finder is detachable and can be clipped on one of two pins: at the top for vertical pictures or on the side for horizontal pictures. The simple shutter has Time and Instant settings and is not self-capping. The lens cap is attached to the camera by a cord, and must be used each time the shutter is set.
This model was continued after 1909 by ICA. An original advertisement gives the price of 4 Mark for the camera alone (item Nr.1). The camera was also offered in a full kit with various darkroom accessories. The full kit was priced at 8.50 Mark (item Nr.2) and the accessory set alone was available for 4.50 Mark (item Nr.2a).
The Aviso Nr.1 was modified in 1914 by the adoption of a shutter casing, and an Aviso Nr.4 was introduced at the same time. A new version of the Aviso Nr.4 was released after World War I, and the Aviso models were continued until the mid-1920s.
- ↑ 1907: McKeown, p.410.
- ↑ Advertisement reproduced in Horii, p.47 of Kurashikku Kamera Senka no.51. The camera is called "Aviso Nr.1" in McKeown, p.414, certainly reflecting the item number.
- ↑ McKeown, pp.414–5.
- ↑ McKeown, pp.414–5.
- Horii Giichi (堀井義一). "Kokusan shoki shashinki 3-dai" (国産初期写真機3台, Three early Japanese cameras). Kamera Rebyū: Kurashikku Kamera Senka (カメラレビュー クラシックカメラ専科) / Camera Review: All about Historical Cameras no.51, June 1999. ISBN 4-257-13024-5. Kurashikku kamera supesharu (クラシックカメラスペシャル, issue about miscellaneous classic cameras). Pp.44–7.
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover). Pp.410 and 414–5.
- ICA Aviso Nr.4 at Collection G. Even (the camera is presented as an Aviso Nr.1 but it matches the description of the 1914 Aviso Nr.4)
- ICA Aviso Nr.1 (1914) in this page at Ioannis's camera collection