Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Adapters are available for a wide field of camera media, parts and accessories. Examples:
- A lens adapter is a device to mount lenses made for some type of camera on another camera for which they were not originally designed. See the main article on lens adapters.
| a Rollex rollfilm back for plate cameras,|
a common type of film adapter
- The most common film adapter is the rollfilm back for plate cameras. Plate adapters were attachable to some early 20th century rollfim cameras. 35mm film adapters were available for a few medium format cameras.
Memory card adapter
- Micro SD cards are often sold together with an adapter for using them in Secure Digital card slots. Similar adapters for micro SD in XD-Picture Card slots are also available.
| 1. battery adapter with battery|
2. tripod thread adapter
3. hot shoe flash adapter
- The simplest tripod adapter connects camera and tripod if they have different thread sizes.
- Modern cameras which usually use an own system flash can use old flashes with standard hot shoe with help of an adapter.
- Common battery types used in cameras and flashes are LR44, 625, AA, AAA, CR2 and CR123. Some older battery types are no more available. Some of these lost battery types can be replaced by common batteries in adapters.